Love the Eastern Sierra and Looking for a Way to Give Back to your Community? Apply Today to Become ESLT’s Next AmeriCorps Member!
Would you like to help restore and protect the Range of Light while gaining valuable environmental professional experience?
Apply today to become a Member of the 2014 Sierra Nevada AmeriCorps Partnership (SNAP) and serve with Eastern Sierra Land Trust (ESLT) in Bishop, California!
Eastern Sierra Land Trust and SNAP are seeking enthusiastic, conservation-minded people to commit to 11 months of service devoted to protecting the Sierra’s natural resources and working to create sustainable communities. During the year, SNAP members serving at ESLT will gain skills and technical training, mentor with outstanding environmental leaders, and receive an education award at the successful completion of service.
Since 2007, ESLT has participated in the AmeriCorps program. We have hosted talented adults who have conducted education and outreach within the region, helping to inform and inspire our communities about land preservation and habitat restoration. ESLT works with willing landowners to preserve vital lands in the Eastern Sierra for their scenic, agricultural, natural, recreational, historical, and watershed values.
Deadline for applying is August 1st. Interviews will begin in mid-August.
Responsibilities & Projects:
Members will serve full-time, from October 21st, 2013 thru September 21st, 2014. Projects & responsibilities will vary depending on service positions, but will be based on watershed restoration and assessment, watershed education and outreach, and volunteer recruitment and coordination. For more detailed service descriptions, please visit www.servingthesierra.org.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Monthly stipend of $1,254 per month
- Standard health insurance
- Up to 340 hours of technical, ecological, and skills-development training throughout the year
- Granted on completion of the program: AmeriCorps Education Award of $5,550 for use on existing qualified student loans or future higher education expenses
How to Apply:
- Complete the SNAP Member Application form which can be downloaded from our website at: http://www.servingthesierra.org/application-materials.html. Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com.
- Email your resume and a 1-2 page cover letter stating your interest in the SNAP Member position and your best qualifications for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be sure to title your email subject: “2014 SNAP Application.”
Deadline to Apply: August 1!
For more information about SNAP, please contact:
- Mike Thornton, Sierra Nevada AmeriCorps Partnership Program Director: 530-542-4546 x 312 or email@example.com.
- Or visit www.servingthesierra.org.
For more information about the ESLT position, please contact: